Thursday, February 11

The McQueen Dream...

I was shocked when my sister told me he'd killed himself. I love a lot of his work and I think he's a brilliant and influential designer in our time.

Here are a few articles about him and his work -

"British fashion designer Alexander McQueen found dead at home"
The 40-year-old was found hanged at his flat in Green Street, Mayfair, shortly after 10am today. Paramedics were called but he was pronounced dead at the scene.


"British fashion icon Alexander McQueen commits suicide days after death of his beloved mother"
His mother had interviewed him for a newspaper in 2004 and asked him: 'What is your most terrifying fear?', to which he replied: 'Dying before you.' She said: 'Thank you, son.'


Lastly, this is possibly my favourite McQueen dress. Possibly one of my favourite dresses at all really, he was such a ledge :)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Abi x

No comments:

Post a Comment