Thursday, January 7

Cupcakes

I love cupcakes, I think they're so cute!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
How can you not love them?
So I had a go at baking my own! I baked 41 cakes in total, but I only decorated a few!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

They tasted so good, I thought I'd share the recipe with you!!

Cakes -
100g Self-Raising Flour, sieved
100g Butter or Margarine
100g Caster Sugar
2 Medium Sized Eggs
A Pinch of Salt

Topping -
75g Unsalted Butter
175g Icing Sugar
1 tsp Vanilla Essence
Milk

Cooking Time: 15-20 minutes
Oven: 190Degrees C, 375Degrees F, Gas Mark 5

Cakes -
*Place your cake-cases in tins before starting
*Cream the butter/marg and sugar until light and fluffy (use a fork)
*Gradually beat in the eggs, adding a tablespoon of flour with the last amount
*Fold in the rest of the flour and salt
*Divide the mixture between the cake-cases and bake

Topping -
*Soften the butter in a bowl by whisking it slightly
*Slowly add in the Icing sugar and Vanilla essence
---If the mixture is too hard, add a few drops of milk
---If the mixture is too soft, add more icing sugar
*Pipe onto the cake and decorate with silver balls, sprinkles, shapes... whatever you like!

I hope you like these cakes as much as I do!

Abi x

2 comments:

  1. Baking is one of my favorite things; this collage and the photos of your cupcakes just made me so happy! I especially love the little pink cupcakes with the cupcake decoration on top. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're cupcakes look lovely! I may have to bake them one day!
    http://claudiakitten.blogspot.com/
    Claudia xxx

    ReplyDelete